So...Minecraft...

A screenshot from one of my latest worlds
 Minecraft is an interesting paradox. It could quite easily have been a game that was, dare I say it, revolutionary in the early part of the last decade (circa 2000-2004 or so), yet it is, arguably, a revolutionary game, even by today's standards. Simplicity is sometimes all that is needed for a game, or indeed like most things in life, to succeed. Graphically speaking, Minecraft just works in its current format. Although many of the skin patches made by players do add nice elements to the game, I for one prefer to stick with the basic default skin simply because it just keeps the game as basic as possible, which is why, personally, I enjoy it so much. It is a game that you just never know what you may end up trying to make or do. Something in your day might trigger some thought and make you think 'I really want to try to make such and such when I get home'. I can't say I have felt that with many other games. Possibly the only other examples I can think of are Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or maybe an SI Games Football Manager that have actively come up in my thoughts and I felt compelled to do something when I got the chance to play them at later time.

 My only main concern about Minecraft is whether it will ever become a full game, and if so, will it lose some of its charm? It is always interesting when you log in and it starts downloading a new update because you instantly become curious as to what new features have been implemented (unless you already know what to expect, of course). I would hope that element would not be lost because the possibilities for this game are almost endless (for instance the announcement today that Wolves are being put in is very cool. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo&feature=player_embedded). Youtube has also been instrumental in this games success. Personally, I have found people like paulsoaresjr channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/paulsoaresjr) highly useful and fun to just watch.

 Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of other blogs or whatever on Minecraft, however, much like the game, I just felt like I needed to at least write something about it lol. If you have never played Minecraft, I strongly urge you to at least try the free creative mode available on the website and if you like it purchase it whilst its still relatively cheap!

Any comments or questions just simply fire them away!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A pizza made of win

Why on earth do shockingly bad songs make people rich?